View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 02:12 AM   #10
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Please do not hold me to this and forgive me if this has already been posted (I looked and didn't see anything), but supposedly Suzuki is coming out with a new V-Strom 1000 with new styling (and who knows what else is new) for 2013. This is the photo I've kept finding online and is all I can find, so I've come here to ask if anyone else knows anymore than I do or can find anymore information.

http://www.newbikesinfo.com/new-fore...-1000-v-strom/

That is the prettiest shade of blue I've ever seen and it is a beautiful looking bike, not to mention it say's there will be a adventure package with engine guards and panniers for under 13,000 euros (correct me if I'm wrong, but 1 euro is almost 1 dollar, right?). I've already been extremely impressed by the newest V-Strom 650, as has everyone else and it is unimaginably comfortable. If this really is coming to pass in the next 6 months I will definitely pick one up.

So, anyone else have anymore information, ideas or thoughts?
Nice Photoshop-works... I bet no-one outside the factory once again has a clue though

On the other hand, it would not surprise me, if they would actually come up with a revised version of the DL1000, with ABS and other modern improvements.

The biggest problem is probably the engine, how to make it fit the newest upcoming emission norms, and do it in a way, that won´t totally spoil its characteristics. It´ll need to run very lean at low revs, and that is a problem on a large displacement V-twin. Even the existing version has this problem, although it only complies with the Euro-2 norm. The current Euro-3 is much harder to fulfill (and if they are to design an engine now, they´ll actually need to target it for Euro-4, which is again much harder).

So I believe they would in fact have to design a new engine from scratch, because the current one just won´t fill the requirements. If you´d tune it to comply with the new norms, nobody would want to ride the thing in the city at least, it would not run nicely.

I do hope they´ll make it some day. A more modern DL1000 with improved fuel economy, ABS, and competitive pricing could surely become very popular.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote