View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 02:25 AM   #31
thunderkat59
Cooter on a scooter

Oddometer: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertt View Post
OK, so like I said - the only way for me to even get to a 35 mph road is to first travel on a 45 mph road for a couple of miles. If I get pulled over on a 45 mph road on a 50 cc scooter I guess I get a ticket under this proposal even though there is no other way to get to the 35 mph road?

Well, if I have to get a scooter that needs to be registered, plated and inspected each year and which I can't park anywhere I want (sidewalk, bike rack like a 50cc) then there is absolutely no reason for me to get one. Might as well continue to ride downtown on my 1985 Honda Nighthawk 650 with an antique plate on it, which makes it exempt from paying registration fees and having to get it inspected every year. I was really considering a scooter... but it does not make sense based on a lot of comments in this thread... oh well.
Get a small frame 125 and take the plate with you when you park it ?
Velcro ?

Here, it strongly suggested 50cc bikes attach a hi-vis flag to the back, so the 125 people put the flag on instead of the tag.

I'd get one. Unles you are doing something egregiously wrong, or your state does constant dui-liquor cycler checks, you wont incur the attention of anyone, really.
thunderkat59 is offline   Reply With Quote