View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #1607
Bogfarth
MOTGATT on a Yamahog

Oddometer: 169
Thumb My best toys?

Luggage: Aerostich Courier's bag. Two weeks into my first college quarter, I'd nearly torn out the straps of a then-new Jansport backpack. So I bought a Courier's Bag from 'stich. A year of college couldn't kill it despite loading the damn thing to ~40 lbs at times. My books and laptop came through with minimal wear, too. I'm headed back here in a few weeks to start my second year, and the bag is going with me. It still looks new on the inside, and it's still waterproof. The only peeve: it can't carry everything. I'd like to get a Happy Trails 47L top box to remedy this, but as long as college makes my wallet scream in terror, it will have to wait. For everything else, this bag does any job I've demanded of it. Got mine in Hi-Viz.

Gizmo: Leatherman Wave. It fixes what I break, trims my hang-nails, opens my lunch (vending machines; yech!) and the knives don't go dull after two uses.

Misc: Sea Foam. Stabilizes the gas better than Sta-Bil, and it degunks the carbs. The pilot jets on my V-Star 650 will start to plug up if it sits for a week or two. Every time I fill the tank, I put a good splash of Sea Foam in too. At $7-8 a can, it's cheap insurance that the bike will always go. Especially since there are times when I don't know how long the bike will sit.

Safety: EXO-700 helmet in Chernobyl Green. Seeing cagers blink stupidly as I ride around town wearing this bucket - on a cruiser - is simply priceless! It works as well as the SMIDSY weave in getting people to see me. Decent vents and a nice fit, too. Damn shame Scorpion dropped the color, though.

Bogfarth screwed with this post 09-12-2012 at 08:51 PM Reason: I can't frakkin spell!
Bogfarth is offline   Reply With Quote