Thread: Honda PCX 150
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 05:13 AM   #147
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer View Post
The PCX is a nice scooter but it still falls short. The drawbacks I see are that there is no ABS brakes available and 14 in. tires are expensive and there are few choices. It also needs a windshield that will actually do something for you. The Windshield can be fixed with aftermarket but untile ABS and the tire situation are fixed I would not purchase a new PCX. The valve adjustment situation is not a good selling point either but I could live with it if it had the other things corrected.
There are no small scooters (new) available in the US with ABS that I know of. There is only one small motorcycle available with ABS(CBR250). It is possible to ride safely without ABS. I would be more concerned about the linked brakes that come on the PCX. Personally I wouldn't even want ABS on a small lightweight scooter. I might think differently if I lived somewhere that got a lot of rain and/or had slippery roads but here in the US there are few choices unless you get a maxi scooter or a mid sized or larger motorcycle.

As more PCXs are sold, I'm sure some more 14" tires will become available and the price will likely come down.

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote