View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #69241
Tech23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable View Post
I still see the statement as misleading. Imagine if Suzuki were to put the year on their parts, well other than making crossrefferencing much easier, we'd be able to see that Suzuki has been using the same banjo bolt in the brakes since before time started. Seriously, it's a straight fitting, and it has been updated at least once since Harley went to the current part numbering system (the A at the end.)

I do appreciate all the work that Procycle has done for DR parts, but of all the reasons to bad mouth HD, that's reaching.
Really it's a damn fitting, how long did the Military use the Willy's. Theres something to be said for parts interchangeability...hey wait a minute, when was the last time time frickin DR got an update? I think they went from a junky under the perch clutch switch to a plunger style a few years back...oooh.....ahhhhh, lets not forget the BNG they get every other year or so. I could be wrong about this too but it might be possible that HD sells a few more bikes than Suzuki sells DR's.

Straight Male Gas/Oil Fitting, Chrome OEM 63533-41A SKU 40-0566

I'm not sure any improvement is even necessary here. I'd be willing to listen to suggestions though. Been the same for 70 years... go figure.

You can cross reference Suzuki parts quite easily if you are creative in your online searches.

Tech23

2000 Harley Davidson FXDWG
2011 Victory Cross Country

Tech23 screwed with this post 09-13-2012 at 11:12 AM
Tech23 is online now   Reply With Quote