View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #14
bigbadandugly OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
FWIW, I now see why your exhaust was available so quickly. You got the SS headers with the Ti silencer. I opted for the Ti headers.
Your comments made me scratch my head. I wasn't aware there were two different full Akro exhaust systems differentiated by header materials, but it makes sense because Revzilla always listed a range for their R1200GS full exhaust system.

I'm on metallurgist, but I can tell the difference between titanium and stainless steel and I installed a fuIl titanium exhaust system. The packing slip says its an Evolution exhaust system and the installation manual is for a full titanium exhaust system (different instructions because there are two different anit-sieze products for the full ti system.)

I can't tell from my order form which system I ordered, I priced matched the exhaust system with one from another online dealer so maybe it was a full Ti system that I was unaware of or maybe Revzilla read the price match web site incorrectly. Maybe some dolt in shipping grabbed the incorrect box, or maybe Revzilla was giving me a free upgrade for ordering $3,000 of parts from them that week. Dunno, but what I do know is that I have a full Ti system. The weight savings alone confirms this.

bigbadandugly
bigbadandugly is offline   Reply With Quote