View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #17
lifer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottorious View Post
What have people seen out of the kymco agility scooters. Decent quality? the scooters I own now are quality 80s Hondas which I have no doubts of them running for another 20 years. I see that Kymco scooters can be had for a pretty good price. and as long as they are halfway reliable and have parts available I think it seems like a good deal.
The agility 125 is made in china by Kimco in there own factory so it does not have the poor quality of other China scoots. It does not have as good of quality as the Jap makers but it is decent. For the money they are a good buy. With your 100lb gf on board it will do in the low 60 mph area by gps on flat ground. If she gets a real good running one it might even reach 68 mph or so. She could cruise at 55 with no problem. The bad is the tires give poor traction , the headlight is not very brite and the back brake is a little on the weak side. The speedo is very optomistic like 12 % or so. The odometer on them is in km not miles .They are reliable and if you do need something you can get parts pretty cheap if you know where to look. It is a gy6 design and maintenance is easy to do. Those that have had problems, it is ussually the electrical . some cdi's do go bad and there have been some who needed a rectifier. Both are inexpensive and for $50 you could have them as a spare under the seat if it worried you. I do not want to exagerate the problem though . The majority of owners have not had any problems.

lifer screwed with this post 09-14-2012 at 09:00 AM
lifer is offline   Reply With Quote