View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #14
hippiebrian OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,927
I took the ride to Palomar on Tuesday, A little background on the klr. I bought it new inn '09 after taking a ride on my buddy's 92. Love this bike! Well soon after, I had some medical issues and one of the meds the doc put me on made me so spacy I was afraid to ride. I sold my V-strom 1000 to that same buddy (also my roommate) but couldn't part with the KLR. It sat unused for a couple years outdoors (call me stupid, I'll agree). Earlier this year the doc took me off that med, so I bought the Kymco to see if I still had my "bike legs". I also am a fan of scooters after owning a Bajaj Chetak for a while, so this didn't hurt the decision. I knew I had the "legs" still before I even got the scooter home, so started in on getting the KLR together. Some carb cleaning, an oil change, a new Sargent seat. crash bars from Happy Trails and a new shock were on it by July and I was off. This is why I have an '09 KLR with only 4300 or so miles on it that looks like it's been rode hard the whole time. But what the hell, it's a KLR, it ain't supposed to look pretty!

Anyhow, I got up in the morning and headed outside, where my bike was looking at me saying "Come on, dude. I have a freshly lubed chain, my tires are checked and I wanna ride!"

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...r/0c2c1162.jpg
hippiebrian is offline   Reply With Quote