View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #17
hippiebrian OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,895
I'm so not techno-savy! Anyhow, I'm back. Here's my favorite post office:

Just a little (bad) picture to show that yes, there are pine trees in Southern Cal., you just have to look for them:

The front ends of two harley's that showed up. Sorry, didn't get a shot of them. Not into them, and I forget some people here appreciate them. I'll try and get pictures next time I come across them. Nice dudes though. We shot the, umm, I mean chatted for a few.

I decided to go down the West Grade Road, and it was nice, as there wasn't much dirt across the road at all.

Pulled over to look at a memorial to a Native American who died fighting the La Jolla fire:

It's nice people are still leaving offerings.

Saw a scenic turnout and pulled in. The gray skies are still pissing me off, as everything looks muted. Nice view though:

My bike waited patiently for my return:

I decided at the bottom to continue east on the 76. Straaighter and more boring than I remembered. I kept sing the Beatles to myself with altered lyrics. "The Long and Boring Road...". Wound up in Warner Springs, where I decided to make a uey at the glider field:

It was 2:00, and I knew if I headed back then, I just might miss rush hour on the 405. Stopped again for gas, coffee and a smoke. It's safe to smoke here, right?

Saw a dude on a duc getting gas. He had a testile one piece suit that not only matched his bike, but had knee pucks. I didn't even know you could get knee pucks on textile. :

hippiebrian is offline   Reply With Quote