View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #20
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottorious View Post
What have people seen out of the kymco agility scooters. Decent quality? the scooters I own now are quality 80s Hondas which I have no doubts of them running for another 20 years. I see that Kymco scooters can be had for a pretty good price. and as long as they are halfway reliable and have parts available I think it seems like a good deal.
i own one and ride the hell out of it all year round. its a solid well made bike. some say it says "cheap" from looking at it but if cared for it looks good and the plastics are durable, if basic. over 2 years and 13,000 miles and i have had not a single problem

i also have experience with a Buddy 150. it feels and rides smaller then the Agility, weighs around the same, and has quicker acceleration. however the Kymco 125 is no slouch and can match the Buddy in top speed. the biggest difference imo is the Bud is aesthetically more pleasing (better paint, finish, trim, etc) and its smaller. i must say at 6'2 from a "light" seating position i can flat foot the Buddy and nearly overwhelm it with my 230lb size. but that is not the case with the Agility as it feels "just right" for me in a small scooter

Buddy is a great, fun, flickable scooter. and reliable. and good for shorter riders. the Agility would not be good for shorter riders. its seat is wide, too

the Kymco is not Honda quality, of course. or Italian refined or Buddy "cute." the Buddy is a true "scooter's scooter." like a man's man but of scooters lol. the Kymco is a good practical scooter that for around $2,000 will be fun and last a bit. built well, its tough

DudeClone screwed with this post 09-14-2012 at 03:45 PM
DudeClone is offline   Reply With Quote