View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by facetjoint View Post
I have the heat gun, ' GOOD" the metric hex head sockets "REAL GOOD", and I used to have the orange o-ring picks "JUNK as you indicated

Probably my best one is an old HFT 5 gallon pan cake compressor. I'd guess 15 or so years old. It won't die. I've used the heck out of it. It won't run any air tools. But it is great for tires and to blow the fecal matter off tons of anything I tear apart. Which is almost daily.
I "had the yellow heat gun" & now in the land dump as switch quit. Using the black one past few years with fingers crossed! Anyone giving HF "high speed" drill bits a pass has not used them much? They are not made of suitable material to drill harder materials like steel. Save you money and buy up to the job at hand. Ebay search will save you some money on bits but be certain to ask questions 1st! As to torx bits-again, save your money & either buy a name brand or be prepared to take them back after much use & never buy a torx bit that lacks a take back warranty as they all are subject to fail after much hard use.
Update, just took back the super duper hose nozzle - Chinese takeoff of Bonaire nozzle. It lasted 2-3 weeks, which is barely within the return period. FWIW, just try & find a good hose nozzle anywhere at any price!

kantuckid screwed with this post 09-17-2012 at 06:30 AM
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote