View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
CalsXS2 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
New Guy. I might be an Old School Fool. TX 750

Hey Guy's. I stumbled across this sight while searching for TX 750 info.

So anyway. I just got a 73 that has been sitting since 1984. It has 4600 mile's on it. It was an Old Man's who just died,and this was in his estate sale. I paid $40 for it. I got the original title,,,and I even got what looks to be a unused factory service manual.

My whole goal was to buy it for part's for my 72 XS2 650. The motor was locked up on the this 750. I've got it broke free, but I damaged something in the process. I don't know what until I take the head off. Fortunately, I've got another running motor on the way as we speak. I'm getting ready to walk out the door to pick it up. My 73 has all the upgrade's I believe. The motor I'm getting does not. So depending on what I find out when I pull the head, I have it in my mind that I'll just do a head swap and have myself a good motor with all the upgrades.

Can you guy's tell me where the vin is on the motor. I can't find one anywhere. From what I read on this site, supposedly Yamaha delivered motor's to their dealer's for replacement. I'm wondering if I have a replacement motor that didn't get stamped. Hell. The bike only has 4600 miles on it. How many miles can that new motor have,,,if it is a replacement. Either way, I have a low mile motor.

I'll posts some pic's when I get back from picking up my other motor. Oh ya. Did I mention I'm getting it for free. I just hope it's good. But the price is right so I have to take the gamble. Is there any other site's that you guy's can point me to. I want to find out all I can. Thanks.
CalsXS2 is online now   Reply With Quote