View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #25
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft

Oddometer: 3,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercreep View Post
old jeeps with Quadratrack (which locks all 4 wheels together in rotation)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_fo...ms#Quadra-Trac

Sorry, but you're the one that's gotten suckered in by this. Quadra trac is ONLY in the transfer case. Nothing to do with the diffs that come after it. A transfer case has NO authority to magically change the carriers located inside each differential from open to magically a spool by shifting a lever or turning a dial. It can't nor will ever happen. A drive shaft alone can not do that.

"Quadratrack", again, is a MARKETING TERM that gives one the idea it means "all four" but it DOES NOT.

And another thing, "which locks all 4 wheels together in rotation"...

Well, duh. Don't look now, but that happens on my (non-Quadratrac equipped) 4WD when I pull the short shifter FROM 2-high to 4-high. It "locks" all four wheels together in rotation.

But my momentum can be stopped if I can spin one on the front and one on the back due to my open f/r diffs.

But then why does my truck say it's "4WD"???

Lockers, posi's or spools located inside the differentials are THE ONLY way one can illegitimately be 4-wheel-drive.

IheartmyNx screwed with this post 09-16-2012 at 09:41 AM
IheartmyNx is offline   Reply With Quote