View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #79
TonyBKK OP
Secret Soi Rider

Oddometer: 830

Not for lack of trying, but still no fish

Lewis Lake Ranger Station-

I think I mentioned earlier that Yellowstone has some pretty strict rules for would be anglers- no live bait and no barbed hooks make it tough for even the most seasoned fishermen. I was tempted to break the rules but there's no place in the park that even sells live bait... Ah well, once again, if you can't catch em, swim with em!

Good god that was one incredibly cold lake!!!

We got out and found a nice place in the sun to warm up and have a picnic lunch-

Angry squirrel

It was late afternoon and time to go find our friends who were camping at the Grant Village campground about 10 miles north of us. Lewis Lake is lovely in the late afternoon sun-

By this time of the afternoon / early evening there's much less traffic and it was a fun little blast to Grant Village-

This road crosses the Continental Divide several times-

Just after the turn off to Grant Village there were a bunch of cars pulled over as there was a herd of elk just off the road-

We jumped off the bike and had a look at these beautiful animals-

Caught up with our friends and Kristhawee was happy to hang out with their son who is only a few months older and his little sister who is just a sweetie. I took my friend Jeremy to the General Store on the back of the Land Yacht- he'd never been on a motorcycle before. His wife wasn't too happy about it, but at least I brought him back in one piece

They cooked up a fantastic dinner and we hung out pretty late. Kristhawee wanted to "sleep over" and there were some tears when I finally dragged him out of their tent for the short ride back to our campground. But we'd be seeing them again soon in Glacier National Park, so he had that to look forward to.

We made plants to meet at Old Faithful bright and early the next morning in hopes of beating the crowds. Got back to our campground pretty late, brushed our teeth and I think we were asleep before our heads hit the pillows!
2011 Kawasaki VERSYS!
2005 BMW K1200LT
TonyBKK is offline   Reply With Quote