View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #5089
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Thinking about making the switch. The only thing that holds me back is lack of BT voice prompts. Have there been any rumors of adding this to future units?

I don't want to get everyones panties in a bunch, but I just want something works. It seems there are still some occasional software issues with these units? Its a good thing Garmin has so many free beta testers out there with their units.

Also, this might be a dumb question, but I couldn't find the answer. I assume this unit is glove friendly?

Sorry for mucking up a great thread with my mundane questions
I use a Sena SR10 to get the Montana Audio into my Bluetooth headset. The only issue I have is the SR10 closes the connection when its not receiving an audio signal. Then when it gets one it opens back up However there is about a 1 second lag so you tend to miss the distance to the next turn or only hear part of it. I wish the Montana would play a tone like my Nuvi before it speaks as this would solve the problem. The current fix is you can tell the SR10 to keep the channel open. the down side is you won't get any audio from anything else...like music via phone.

Over all I'm happy with the setup.