View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #5090
bighopper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
I use a Sena SR10 to get the Montana Audio into my Bluetooth headset. The only issue I have is the SR10 closes the connection when its not receiving an audio signal. Then when it gets one it opens back up However there is about a 1 second lag so you tend to miss the distance to the next turn or only hear part of it. I wish the Montana would play a tone like my Nuvi before it speaks as this would solve the problem. The current fix is you can tell the SR10 to keep the channel open. the down side is you won't get any audio from anything else...like music via phone.

Over all I'm happy with the setup.
I am using the SM10 from Sena with my SMH10 headsets & the only problem I have is that the audio from the Montana isn't loud enough to be heard when riding at highway speeds & having music playing. But have learn't to mute my K1200lt music when I need Karyn to tell me were to go!
On my 1150GSA there is too much wind noise to hear anyway, so I just check ever now & then to see if I have a turn coming up.
I have logged a request to Sena to increase the muting or increase the volume on the AUX port.
bighopper is offline   Reply With Quote