View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #20
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 45,643
once this aquatic inspection was completed I headed inland to the spot I would call home for the next few hours. not that it was miles but I was not about to walk all the way back to civilization, food, the main MX track and then come all the way back.

so home sweet home for the next few hours. among other things, the 7 mile marker and a transponder receiving station.

this is the view the 10 o'clock group of riders would face when they left the railbed they would run in lieu of the water. a few things of note. they could obviously go either side of the big tree, but the uprooted tree to the right of the canopy with the red arrow provided a natural safe haven. I knew coming up that grade if anyone lost it they wouldn't want to go into the right as the uprooted tree was going to win any such battle so that is where I spent the majority of the amateur/non pro A rider run. every last one of them had to come right by me. ducks on a pond. not the most exotic of viewpoints but it worked for me. the roots would keep things interesting enough from time to time.

I haven't forgotten everything about woods riding.

do they still make Trelleborgs?

nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote