View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #312
littlebull
tiny mighty mo

Oddometer: 320
A shameless plug.

My little bike was greatly outnumbered.

Jace from Vancouver. We rode around the east side of Newberry Crater and up Paulina Creek on Friday. Saw a bunch of other rally riders that day.

Sheridan Shelter.

I rode Saturday with Jim from Bend, also on a 450. We thought we had missed the regular road up to the shelter. When we came to a sign that pointed us uphill to the shelter, we thought we had found it. Jim led the way as we rode up the rocky, root-strewn, and sandy single track. I met my match on a steep and deep sand hill preceded by a sharp turn. Jim was in front and made it up one more hill than I did until digging himself into the deep silt. The “right” road? Uh... no. Turns out it was the "Most Difficult" OHV trail that the route map suggested as a way down only for the small bikes. The gravel road up was just ahead, and we finally made our way up to the shelter. We both agreed, however, that we liked the single track and I think we’ll both be back once the rains harden things up a bit.

Irish Lake. I’ve lived in Oregon for almost twenty years, and I can’t believe I hadn’t been here yet – beautiful place. The road in was a kick, too.

I had a terrific weekend. Everyone I met was having a good time, and I enjoyed hearing all the stories of rides, races, and wipeouts. I can’t think of a group of people I’d rather hang out with. You guys rock!
07' F650GS Dakar

littlebull screwed with this post 09-19-2012 at 10:57 AM
littlebull is offline   Reply With Quote