View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #313
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,222
KTM Rallye Raiders...

Hooked up with Spencergt66 in Shasta at Alleycatdad's place ( who had last minute work commitment). Alleycatdad preloaded his GPS with routes to Bend offroad.

On route to the border ( Thanks for the great tracks, Steve!!!).

Secluded campground at the start of the OBDR #3, the crowned jewel of the OBDR's.

Shortcut to Crater Lake over Huckleberry Mountain.

Traveling the old wagon roads on the OBDR #3.

Late lunch at Crater Lake with Spencer.

We took an offshoot of the Windigo Paas, a nasty, rocky, rutted trail along Timpanogas, Summit and Crescent Lakes... getting to Manleys Tavern at 10:30pm. 14 hrs. on the seat and 90 more to Bend... in extreme cold. Thanks for trusting my route, Spencer!

Taking instruction in Jimmy Lewis's tech. seminar. Great info. from a greater person. Jimmy's the real deal. His training is invaluable.

Good company with other passionate 950 owners. Jeff and CJ are big men with big spirits and big hearts.

Brew pub stop with the Nevada crew, Kullen and Paul Q after a Jimmy L. clinic. Then it was off to Triangle Butte and the steep drop on the way to 3 Creeks Butte.

Two great Guys. Jimmy Lewis... because he cares about his students, his clinic work and the sport. And he's beyond gracious, beyond belief. And Spencer, for being a totally cool travel rider...always 100% prepared, a human Swiss army knife and 990 Adventure bike man handler. I didn't see you drop that loaded gun once!!

KTM BEND rally was awesome... a bit overwhelming with 200 plus riders all at once. Sorry for those I missed offering my personal hello. You are all my heros. Thanks for sharing in the Adventure Obsession.

I'd also like to dedicate this ride to my father, who three weeks previous to the Rally was ravaged by a severe stroke. Rather then delay the inevitable, he chose to move on quickly... I believe he merely wanted to travel along on the ride from above and insured all of our safety. I love you Dad.

DesertSurfer screwed with this post 09-18-2012 at 12:27 PM
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote