View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #84
TonyBKK OP
Secret Soi Rider

Oddometer: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaoli View Post
is less then 8 degrees Celcius, huuuh I can understand that Kristhawee didn't want to leave the sleeping bag

By the way as I understand you were very happy with the bike, did you have any problems whatsoever? How much did you pay for the bike? Did you keep the bike in the US somewhere or did you sell it again?

For the US and for the trip you had with Kristhawee it seemed to be the perfect choice.
I got very lucky with the bike- the gentleman I bought it from took very good care of it. He had one of those garages that I dream about- every tool you could want and a floor so clean you could eat off it

He did most of the maintenance himself and kept very good records so I was pretty confident that it was mechanically sound when I bought it and it didn't give me any problems whatsoever during our tour.

My plan had been to sell it cheap at the end, but due to state budget cuts the DMV in Minnesota where I bought the bike STILL hasn't completed the title transfer Can't sell the bike without a title!

I called the DMV last week and they say they are just now starting to process June applications

So, no title, no sale. I ended up leaving the bike at a friend's house in Bellingham-

Come spring I might try to sell it, or I may just keep it...
2011 Kawasaki VERSYS!
2005 BMW K1200LT
TonyBKK is offline   Reply With Quote