View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #895
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaman View Post
I am thinking about getting the Turbine pants to compliment my new Cayenne Pro jacket. I realize they are two different animals as far as temperatures go but are they more of an over-lap than it might seem? The Cayenne Pro pants are sold out and so far I am blown away by the Cayenne pro jacket and I want a Rev-it pant that wont break the bank. ( They are on close out right now)

With rain liner in what do we think the temperature range is for the Turbine pant? I do most of my riding in So Cal and Arizona so rain-proof and super warm is that important. Will the silver color match up well with the grey/green Cayenne jacket?
Hey Montanaman,
Many folks pair the Cayenne Pro jacket with the Turbine Pants. They actually use the same materials, so the colors will match up well. The Turbine pants with the liner in are probably good to the mid-50's or so, but that hugely depends on your personal temperature tolerance. The Turbine will out-perform the Cayenne Pro jacket in the warmer end of the spectrum, but I would say they can comfortably go up to 90 degrees.
One more issue of note with the Turbine pants, the SuperFabric on the knees can scratch your fairing. If you are riding a naked bike or a GS, you should be fine. I have used the Turbine pants (ladies version, of course) on my GS1200 with no scratching issues.
Other than the fairing-compatibility thing, the Turbine pants are rock solid, super protective mesh pant, and really a shame REV'IT! discontinued them.
Cheers,
Ali

Held Q&A: 2014 Held Gloves & Gear to the U.S.
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote