View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #631
sagedrifter
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 1,412
I would like a chin skirt to try. I also wish the shields were quick change. I prefer a dark shield.... but need clear at night or for days of rain.

AFX is very close to a great DS touring lid, its really close.

Too bad they stopped short. Its my summer lid though, I leave a dark shield on it and use clear goggles or glasses for night time runs. In the winter I go back to my long oval fitting light weight street helmet, a Shark RSI with two shields that quickly change and have a vent position. I really miss cracking the shield open in the rain, my AFX is always slaming shut over 45 mph....

Can you imagine if they had dealt with these basic issues during R&D? I wonder if they are motorcycle riders? What rider would only want 3 positions etc, who would not want an easily changed face shield using no tools? Its amazing how many helmets have the same little quirks. I bought my first Shark RSI for $180 on ebay, it can be done. Paid $249 for another Shark RSI before they closed them all out. Its hard to find a good fitting helmet for those prices IMO. I bet many would pay more for a deluxe 39. I would pay $300 easily, not $600 though...

Its a great helmet for $119 per, its actually a better buy than other more expensive lids. I just hope AFX can see we need a refined version, wouldn't that be amazing. At least we have it though, it sure beats my MX lid on the road.

sagedrifter screwed with this post 09-18-2012 at 02:02 PM
sagedrifter is offline   Reply With Quote