View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #5114
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaweetz View Post
Sorry, scrap that, you don't have to Stop Navigation if the POI category shortcut is in the main menu, or you use "Find Another". You can search near... for that category, review the map, and save it as a waypoint without interrupting the current route. My bad.

Better still, go straight to Route Planner, Edit route, Select Next point, Search Near, and then tack it on the route and reload it.

Workable, but it's a lot of tapping. Why isn't GO one of the menu options when you select a route in Route Planner? You have to hit View Map first. GO is conceivably a pretty popular thing you might like to do to a route, no?
As I was going to say, searching is more of an art when it comes to City names. Keep in mind that entering less info will yield higher odds of a hit than getting the spelling incorrect. If the search can't find any Cities within the map set you have Enabled it will also search the Worldwide Basemap.

Although I agree with you that a "GO" button after you select a route in the planner would be a nice touch, most of the time I use Routes I want to see it laid out on the map first before I press "GO".

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com

DRTBYK screwed with this post 09-18-2012 at 07:52 PM
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote