View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #543
Jay S.
600cc Beast

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Indeed.

I've been sticking with middleweights since now that I want one, the old ST2/Sprint 955/VFR segment is gone.

I've given up on Honda, they've totally lost the plot. I can't see Ducati going back there. I hope hope hope hope hope that Triumph drops the Tiger 800 motor into a Sprint package. Though I bet they'll just let the base 800 with a 19" front 'fill' that segment.

The BMW F800ST gets really close but then doesn't, I wanted to like that bike on paper but riding it just didn't do much for me.
I agree. When I got into sport-touring I thought it was a natural progression to end up on a big bike such as a Concours, FJR, etc. But after 2 solid years and a few multi-day trips, I will likely stay on a middleweight for a long time. The only thing that may change my mind would be my wife coming along.

I even considered the new Ninja 1000 or the GSX1250F, but my 600 just keeps getting the job done. :)

Price has kept me away from the F800ST but I would consider an FZ8 if uppers and lowers were available in the future.

For now I will ride my 6R until the wheels fall off. Maybe give it to my daughter in a few years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2