View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #597
spsduc
spsduc

Oddometer: 99
Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldertag View Post
What is the suspension difference besides the obviouse clearance difference between the two models?

It looks like to me all i have to do to turn the non R into a R is add the 18 and 21 rims to create the same clearence as the R.

But reading the description the non R has WP components vs The R reads WP suspension..

Can someone explain to me. I would like the best suspension but if it is only in the R then I guess I want the R. I like the grey non R version myself. I was thinking of just getting the 18-21 set up for off road expeditions.

After KTM Producing the Dakar versions why drop the suspension quality down on these? Doesn't the Dakar versions have the same suspension quality as the 990r?

Thanks,

boulder
It looks like the std version has electronically adjustable suspension, whereas the R has a conventional rear shock.

Check out the photos, there is a black box with "WP" on it just behind the shock. Also the std shock has no visible remote reservoir.

And yes, someone mentioned the R has leading axle forks, whereas the std model doesn't.
spsduc is offline   Reply With Quote