View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #732
calimusjohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Cannon Ball Riders

Today I was fortunate enough to live within 15 miles of the Cannon Ball route. The first few bikes were passing at 15 to 30 minutes intervals. I fell in behind a 1929 Harley being guarded by a gentleman on a Vstrom. The smell of hot oil and a trace of exhaust smoke marked the Harley's passage. Going up 5,000 foot Bly Mountain, the Harley maintained 45 MPH. Going downhill the rider was hitting speeds that generated a big grin on MY face. Awesome.
At the Day's Inn in Klamath Falls, the riders became Ambassadors for motorcycling. They answered questions, posed for photographs and were very gracious to all. It was an honor to see and meet so many gentlemen.
Doug on the venerable #88 was well behind most of the riders, BUT was moving under his own power. The temperature was mid-eighties along today's route. Doug looked hot. The look on his face was full of determination. He certainly hasn't allowed the set backs he has encountered , to prevent him from reaching his personal goals. Ride on Doug!
calimusjohn is offline   Reply With Quote