View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #21557
MadMax400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by skid=mark View Post
Ok here's my new baby. The little Hussie 300 was looking for sumpin' special to snuggle up next to in the garage, so I searched high and low for just the right motorvation...I think might do me for a while:

2010 Ducati Hypermotard; came with Mivv pipe, Power Commander V with AutoTune and O2 Optimizer, 44-tooth rear sprocket, and some spares and a special Ducati tools. I am just getting started on a few upgrades...decluttered the undertail, installed drag bars, probably will remove stock mirrors, and possible handguards/blinkers...

The fella selling the bike was very cool. Older road-racing guy lives just south of Atlanta that used to hang with guys like Mamola and Vesco. Restores old 70's era Kawasaki gauges with original parts for a living. Just turned 65 and didn't need this much power (he still has his Honda 599 in the garage). Had previously owned 63 STREET motorcycles over the past 50 years (not counting dirt bikes). Very interesting dude--will probably be at Barber's at the Vintage Races-hope to see him there. Glad I got to meet him!
Now thats a beauty. Not a day goes by that i miss my Ducati. Just wish we had the roads it needed to be on. That being roads with lots of tight curves...
Very nice bike Skid. There is just something unique about that Ducati sound, especially with some nice Terminoni pipes...
So is that the 800 or 1000DS motor?