Thread: Go Sportsters
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #1757
TheOtherBart
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Beard View Post
No pics until I get the quick release setup sorted out. As soon as they are done I will be sure to post pics. I am trying to come up with a solution that either leaves minimal hardware behind when the bags are off or has hidden hardware.

With regards to bag width/length/height, that has been my main motivator for trying to come up with a better solution than what is currently available. Seems that a lot of hard bags are either tall and narrow long and narrow. I would want something that makes up the extra room with width rather than height or length. 8in-9in seems about right.

I had no idea that the EZ brackets were so fragile. I have a set of throw over hoops that I welded up that have dealt with as much as 40lbs per side without issue.
Yeah I'm finding the same thing with the aluminum boxes, most of them are just simply too tall. I'm getting really close to pulling the trigger on a set of these. Hardstreet Classic Tour, 9.5"x22"x12". They'll probably cross over that threshold between "big" and "goofy big", but in terms of price vs. utility they seem like just about the best option. And I'll never see them while I'm riding.

What Pelican cases do you have in mind to use? The biggest top loaders I've seen were the 1440s at 7.5" wide.
TheOtherBart is offline   Reply With Quote