View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #22
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,073
OK we're back!
let the trip reporting commence

Michelle works pretty damn hard... (although as Kevin may tell you everyone works harder than me...)
But one nice perk of all that hard work is US Airways treats her pretty good. So it was the Envoy lounge at Philadelphia International for us again this year.

I think the girl is pretty excited for a holiday (please see previous reference to hard work!)

Swiss Rail to Aarau, not too bad for a night in coach

safe arrival at Moto Mader. Tommy grabbed us from the train & had the bikes all ready to go. F 800 R for Michelle in "arrest me" red, and an all black F 800 GS for me.

With a bit of jet lag to deal with, the plan was to take it easy and head south-west towards France. We opted to stay off the autobahn and banged along down the secondary highway.

A stop for a bit of lunch including frites and mayo (I'm actually getting a taste for it..) and a check of the map.

and then off into the mountains

cool waterfalls.... we'd see more too!

camera girl on the fly

first pass: Forclaz

looks like buddy laid a trail of diesel to catch out unwary motorcyclists....

Michelle spies a Multistrada

bienvenue France!

on towards Chamonix.. getting a bit grey

afterfinding a lovely little hotel: Hotel du Clocher, and getting cleaned up, we go for a walk around the downtown. Lovely little village! Must be a mad house during ski season.....

time for a spot of dinner... it's starting to rain pretty hard now, so sitting and eating seems a very good thing to do:

soup course: lovely!

salad with cheese & egg! I am going to really like France!

main course

absolutely stuffed we make our way back to the hotel.. the rain has stopped, but tomorrow's forecast isn't looking great, Oh well, we're on holiday!

the trip so far:

275 km behind us!

Try to see the world beyond your front door.

g容g screwed with this post 09-22-2012 at 11:27 AM
g容g is offline   Reply With Quote