View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #16
Anorak
Woolf Barnato

Oddometer: 32,871
I did on my 4S and iPad 3. The panoramic photo option on the 4S is interesting. Maps is working well for me. The satellite view is okay but it would be nice if the distortion could be removed. Even so, there seems to be more detail than the google version. I like the nav so far.

If you want google maps, you can put a link from the website on the screen like an app. I'm suspicious of the Facebook integration. I did some research and it looks like enabling it may allow access to your contact list which makes a mess. It appears this can be turned off in the preferences. Oh yeah, if you aren't paying attention, because of the integration you could wind up sending a photo or text to Facebook instead of the desired recipient. Some actress accidentally sent a tit shot to her twitter feed instead of her fiancÚ.

"they live off the carrion of our mutual distrust and bribe us with symbols that equate hatred with manhood."

"I mean at the end of the day, I was addicted to Starting Fluid for Christ's sake!"

"Yeah, that guy sure is terrible at touching moms"
Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote