Thread: Gymkhana
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #469
Harvey Krumpet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 859
Hi Vulfy, that vid is with the balls 1 mtr apart, I'm trying to go from lock to lock, to get the feel of the bike turning & dropping. As you say, when you commit into the corner & try to get those bars around it's a real test of faith, I keep opening the turn rather than letting the bike continue around. It's really frustrating!!!!!!! I think "chickening out" is the term. I'm also struggling with using the brakes properly, to much, to soon, leaving them on to long etc, the finer points are eluding me.. I think that wobble on the bars which makes your eyes bulge is the clue, keeping control & momentum when the bike hits full lock to get the speed. Bloody scary, though. I found the 1 mtr gate great to get the feel of it, slow enough to avoid major palpitations but an excellent exercise to practice the transition for corners.

Here is the GP8 on the TDM, I did not time it as my riding on the big bike is following what I do on the DT. Once I take a step forward on the wee bike I feel more confident trying it on the fat one. The sweat was pishing out of me yesterday, just does not compute when you watch itExcuse the lighting & tediousness...

The wee DT. I love this bike!

Harvey Krumpet screwed with this post 09-22-2012 at 05:24 PM Reason: More sloooooowww riding.
Harvey Krumpet is offline   Reply With Quote