View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #771
Dexter2811
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
The throtle cable history reminds me of another McGyver moment.

Had an Honda MB-100 which has a bigger carb (XR125 I guess) and had the choke lever installed in the left handlebar with a MTB brake lever (as it was a decomp lever, get the pic?)

My GF asked to drive a little as we was in a non traffic backroad, so I let her just to hear the little bike go biim biim biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and note GF was fighting her right arm "It won't accelerate" she screams while pulling over. Took a quick check and the throtle cable has come out the throtle assy with as the hitch stretched out (she pulled the throtle way too much and kept forcing it) so I tried to fix it, but every time you accelerated the cable come off. So I scratched my head give a quick look around the bike and BINGO took the choke lever, move it to the right grabbed a cable end (the brass thingy with a screw) cut the cable and fix it to the lever so I had a finger throtle.