View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #11
therivermonster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
A little more progress...

I had managed to lay down a fairly smooth layer of Bondo which did a good job of filling in some really deep spots. Here I have sanded the part, and cleaned with rubbing alcohol in preperation for the next layer of bondo.

Here the next layer of bondo has been applied. It isn't perfect, but I feel like I'm getting better. Notice I used drywall mud to fill in the hole in the front of the fairing. It did shrink quite a bit but I expected that. I'll finish it with bondo once it has throughly dried.

I put the sand paper to it once again and it's smoother then ever now. However no where near smooth enough. I'll hit it with some primer which will help show the surface flaws a little better.

A light coat of primer really helps show what work still needs to be done. Unfortunantly this picture doesn't show how rough the surface still is, but it's getting better.

Once the primer dries, I think that I will start to build up the lip on the top of the wind screen and give it a nice gentle curve.

Aside from that, I have lots of fairly small scratches and gouges. To me, it doesn't seem that bondo would really work well to fix these. What other options do you guys use to fill in the smaller stuff?

More to come soon!

My Virgin ADV Trip
, Rocks Flyin', Me Cryin', and God Looking On - A WABDR Adventure, Fun With Carbon Fiber

therivermonster screwed with this post 09-23-2012 at 03:57 PM
therivermonster is offline   Reply With Quote