View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #270
NMEXPAT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
It's simple: Miller couldn't sell enough tickets. SLC doesn't have a large pool of racing enthusiasts to draw from and the nearest population centers are all considerable distances away. And, IMHO, once you are there you are faced with what has to be one of the worst spectator tracks yet devised; I had photo credentials and hated the place.

Laguna is a good place for spectators, not to mention traveling motorcyclists. I have my doubts about how nice the new Austin track will be (being a ground-up design for modern F1 is a major impediment to good spectating) but it's not surprising WSBK would be looking at it.
I completely disagree about miller being a terrible spectator track. I've been there three times for WSBK, and its great. Just need to buy a parking spot behind the gate/ past the free parking area. Park wherever you wanted. I had a reserved spot at the attitudes. Ride your bike around, walk everywhere.

Dome of my best race action photos are from there.

Miller staff and the people of SLC couldn't have been nicer or friendlier. Hotel prices are reasonable and some of the best back drops you could ask for.

I love the place and yes I've been to laquna.
NMEXPAT is offline   Reply With Quote