Thread: Risers
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #38
Ccino
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Very good AteamNM, that first paragraph was brilliant.
But then you got in to opinion and bias.

I'm 54 years old, 6ft 1, and 85 kg. For 15 years I've been a time-trial cyclist (think tucked-in, aero) I know quite a lot about making things fit and extracting the best bio-mechanical output from a given stance or position.

In moto bikes, as with push bikes, there is not a One-Size-Fits-All solution. They make bikes, and then it's up to the owner (or supplier there-of) to, make them fit to their body type, style of riding etc.

I don't think you're alone in thinking that everyone who ever saddled up a trials bike wants to be the next Tony Bou, but I also don't think you're in the majority.

You may well have a young and un-injured back, your knees are hopefully in good condition, hands and elbows all tip-top. Good for you, you go ahead and ride your bike your way. Meanwhile there are other people who aren't perfect young specimens, who cant ride round all day leaned forward with their hands not much higher than mid-thigh, who will benefit from some knowledgable help with bike set-up.

I believe this to be a friendly sport, and have certainly found this to be so locally, where help and advice are given generously.

DERISION OF THE NEW AND UNSKILLED, is on the list to become the next deadly sin.

Beware: the nooby you deride today, could be your tax inspector tomorrow
Ccino is offline   Reply With Quote