View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #10
warrior1677
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6gun View Post
They are granting her a refund which is great. It is very difficult for her to schedule due to her work so hopefully she can find another class before end of season. She wants to ride some during winter and I won't let her touch pavement till BRC is completed! Thanks for everyone's input and keep'em coming. All names from me are good natured!
No reason for you not to work with her and no reason to keep her off of pavement. Even after she passes the BRC she'll need to practice. Just find a open parking lot, some Harley dealers have ranges and I use then by my self and have never been asked to leave.

Start slow, let her dictate how fast you proceed go over controls, then rocking with the friction zone then the dreaded power walk. I'm sure you both remember enough of the BRC to make the next time a lot easier.

I agree the coach sounds like twat waffle and that the class should have more beginners than experienced riders but due to state regs a lot of experienced riders have to go back and take the BRC (BOO).
As a rider coach I have access to the course materials, let PM me if I can help. In my experience most rider coaches just want to share the ride. I'm truly sorry you got a bad one, counseling someone out is the last thing we should do.