View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #56
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,459
arise Vestal thread!!

There seems to be another way to make roadbooks !!

I just received a GPS from Trippy http://www.tripy.eu/en they would like me to beta test it here.

currently they have no maps for the USA but plan on releasing a version.

They do have the EU covered it seems including destinations and gas stations.

(its the official dakar support vehicle gps)

Assistance vehicules of Dakar 2011 will be fit with a “Tripy” GPS electronical Roadbook.

Tripy Roadmaster is a qualified GPS based navigation roadbook offering to the crews:
· - the automatic display of the roadbook notes (including instantaneous km countdown),
· - a Tripmaster function,
· - a warning for overspeed or upcoming itinerary danger,
· - a warning for quitting the itinerary and a navigation assistance help to rejoin it.

The navigation system warns the driver as soon as he quits the planned itinerary. In this instance, a compass arrow shows up and displays the straight line direction to follow, to reach the next WayPoint.
As soon as the track is rejoined, the roadbook resets and resumes at that point. Tripy RoadMaster, initially developed for motorbikers, offers an optimum passive safety and provides unequalled driving comfort

the neat thing about this gps is that you can create and print roadbooks complete with tulips with the gps and optional road tracer software.

Once winter sets in and I have more time I plan on using their road tracer software. Also you can import GPX tracks or create a path in google earth to import as well.
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote