View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #909
h2o_snow
Water, snow & dirt too.

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergermeister View Post
how would you know? you guys went for it on every 4th down I saw. must have pissed away at least 6 pts that would've been easy field goals. Is there really no confidence there?

ps - sucks for BYU to lose on a poor decision to go for 2... what prompted that risk?
Hey BergerM,

Been away from trolling the computer - easy to do when we played on Thursday.

Re: kicking - it's been a issue for years.

If you recall - used to be we had a walk on kicker - Kyle Brotzman who was pretty good (held the national all time scoring record) except from the left hash mark. He blew two chip shots against Nevada - Nov 2009 - (1 at the end of regulation and 1 in OT) which cost us a potential shot at the national championship. (Yeah guys - I know - probably a pipe dream - just saying we were that close.)

Since then we got a "great" scholarship kicker. Problem is, he is third on the depth chart behind two walk on's who can't hit.

In 7 seasons Coach Pete is a 2 time Bryant winner and a Dodd winner. If he doesn't trust kicker Frischina then there is probably a good reason. And...........4X to score from the 1 yard line. Who woulda thunk - can't get it done?

Town and "Bronco Nation" are up in arms. The local call in sports radio show is a hoot. Haven't had a rebuilding year in a decade - time to get used to it. Our D is stellar but Nevada and Fresno State are gonna score - why are we in the top 25? 3 games and we haven't score an offensive TD in two? WTF?

New Mexico away next weekend. Heartburn.
Over the hills where the spirits fly,
I really don't know.
h2o_snow is offline   Reply With Quote