View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #5280
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I tried doing it on the Mac version a dozen times, it doesn't recalculate when I switch from along road to direct, when I hit the CMD-Z key effectively deletes the route from the last way point back to the 2nd to last. If I don't hit the CMD-Z then what happens is it still uses along road routing even though it shows direct routing. If I start out in direct it still stays direct when I switch to along road.

I'll try the map switching, thanks for the tip.
Mixed-route in Mac-BC: start with the Along-road routing, then with the Route Properties window open, select Direct Routing in the Properties window (not the BaseCamp Activity list from the Menu Bar). Once in Direct mode lay out your points and when you are back to a road surface stop and go back and change the Route Properties Activity to an Along-road activity. The route will recalculate and look screwed up. Just hit the cmd-z to back out. Your along-road section will look like a Direct section but all you have to do is use the select tool and select that section of the route and place it with a via point back on the road. It will recalculate just that section and you're back in business. The map switching method is easier.

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote