View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
Lobster Grrl OP
Ground feeder

Oddometer: 2,474
Modern Quilt Designs

Welcome to the Modern Quilt Designs vendor page!
Thanks for taking the time to check out my handmade quilts. I enjoy creating unique modern quilts with contemporary fabrics. I offer finished quilts at a reasonable price, and also take orders for custom quilts. I have a professional longarm quilting machine, and can finish quilt tops that have been pieced by others.

If you see a quilt that has been posted and want it in a different size or colors, post a message or send a PM.

Happy Home = More Time on the Bike

Currently for Sale:

1. Queen size "Diamonds in the Square" quilt POST 1 SOLD
2. Halloween Couch Throw "Chevron" POST 25 SOLD
3. Halloween Couch Throw "Diamonds" POST 25 SOLD
4. Christmas Couch Throw Chevron post 29

FAQ's:

Do you have a website?
I have an Etsy store located at http://www.modernquiltdesigns.etsy.com You can view what's available for sale and my bio.
I'm also on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/modernquiltdesigns

What is your email address?
I can be reached via PM on ADV or at modernquiltdesigns@gmail.com

What size quilts can you make?
I am able to sew quilts up to 92 inches wide on my longarm machine. Any length is fine.

How long have you been sewing quilts?
I created my first quilt in 1990 and have enjoyed the hobby ever since.

Is this your full-time job?
No. I work 40 hours a week in healthcare and make quilts as a hobby.

How long does it take you to make a quilt?
A queen size quilt usually 3-4 weeks. I do most of my sewing Friday to Sunday.

What do you use for materials?
I use high thread count cotton fabric for the front and back of the quilt. The batting in the middle is 80% cotton 20% polyester. Thread is usually cotton wrapped polyester. All materials are made or designed in the USA.

Do you make quilts for injured soldiers?
Yes, I participate in Quilts of Valor http://www.qovf.org/ and volunteer my quilting services for one quilt every month. If you know of a wounded American soldier who would like a quilt please go to the website and fill out the necessary information. Quilts of Valor donates about 650 quilts every month, many of them are shipped to Germany and given to soldiers while they are still in the hospital. We have donated over 68,000 quilts since we started.

Can you make a quilt for my sidecar?
Yes. Let me know what colors you want and I can make you a 45x60 quilt that will fit nicely. I can also add an extra layer of insulation if you want a quilt for cooler temperatures.

Can you make a quilt for my cat or dog?
Yes. I can make a quilt for your pet. These are wonderful for keeping pet hair off the couch and off the car upholstery. Let me know what size works for you.

Can you make a quilt for my Granny in a wheelchair?
Yes, I can make a lap quilt for anyone in a wheelchair. Let me know what colors they would like.

Can I put a quilt on lay-away?
No problem. We can work out a payment plan on Paypal.

What kind of sewing machine do you use?
Just like one bike is never enough, neither is one sewing machine.
Most of my piecing is done on a Bernina, with a Husqvarna as back up. Yes, Husqvarna makes wonderful sewing machines and quite possibly the only gear driven domestic machine on the market. The actual quilting of the 3 layers is done on a Gammill longarm machine. Each layer of the quilt is attached to a 10 foot roller and a the 4 foot long by 2 foot high industrial sewing machine is moved across the quilt to sew the pattern through all 3 layers at once. I use CAD software to create the designs on the quilt. When the quilt is removed from the rollers it is one thick layer.

The Diamond in the Square quilt measure 88x88 and fits a queen size bed. It sells for $397.00 to 475.00 most of the time, depending on cost of materials. It is well constructed and designed to be used everyday. I can make this in a variety of sizes and colors to match your decor. The back is also pieced and quilted with contrasting thread, making this quilt reversible.

This quilt would make a wonderful gift for your spouse or significant other here are some pix:

PM me for more details.

Lobster Grrl screwed with this post 11-26-2012 at 03:54 PM
Lobster Grrl is offline   Reply With Quote