View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #14
redprimo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by therivermonster View Post
I have the fun factor taken care of, man! I'm having a blast with this stuff! I hope all of you are too.

Anyhow, I'll keep pluggin' away (plug joke) and all of you, please keep the great suggestions and lessons comming. This stuff is priceless!
The paste wax when buffed back will be 1 molocule thick, no matter how many coats you apply. A second coat is not a huge waste since it might cover any spots missed on the first go round, any more than that and it is just wax on,wax off... literaly.

Tap Plastics prices are a bit higher, particularly on cloth, wax and all the smaller quantities of other things but when you factor in shipping and any haz mat fees you can come out ahead. Plus they are open on Saturday so you can run down and pick up something so the rest of the weekend wont go to waste. I used to buy their 314 epoxy resin 5 gal at a time and thought the price was in-line with West System 3. I rarely buy cloth there but it is nice to have a local source for it that sells by the yd or foot.
redprimo is offline   Reply With Quote