View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #15
therivermonster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by redprimo View Post
The paste wax when buffed back will be 1 molocule thick, no matter how many coats you apply. A second coat is not a huge waste since it might cover any spots missed on the first go round, any more than that and it is just wax on,wax off... literaly.

Tap Plastics prices are a bit higher, particularly on cloth, wax and all the smaller quantities of other things but when you factor in shipping and any haz mat fees you can come out ahead. Plus they are open on Saturday so you can run down and pick up something so the rest of the weekend wont go to waste. I used to buy their 314 epoxy resin 5 gal at a time and thought the price was in-line with West System 3. I rarely buy cloth there but it is nice to have a local source for it that sells by the yd or foot.

I watched some of the Fiberglast videos last night and they are all about lots of layers of wax with an hour of wait time between layers. I wonder why they do that as it doesn't really make sense to me either.

I can see how TAP could save on some shipping charges, so I'll have to have a drive up to their store and take a look.

My Virgin ADV Trip
, Rocks Flyin', Me Cryin', and God Looking On - A WABDR Adventure, Fun With Carbon Fiber
therivermonster is offline   Reply With Quote