View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #905
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmanmatt View Post
Sorry, guys, the other day I recieved both a Defender Jacket and pants. My measurements fell into large size for both...104cm chest and 94cm using the Revit chart. So, my angst comes when I pull both liners out. I'm using all the adjustments on both jacket and pants to make them fit better with the liners out. The jacket fits very well regardless of liners in the shoulder area. I'm not sure I can wear a medium with the liners in and the shoulder area could be tight. My current Olympia jacket is very american fit but I'm more lean and went with the european cut where possible. I guess I'm just second guessing myself since I'm not able to try both on and decide.

Is this just the way the world works with interior liners regardless of the brand and style?
Hi Ironmanmatt,

In nearly any jacket, the size is going to change some from liners in vs. liners out, especially in the case where there are two liners to drop (LTD) like the REV'IT! Defender jacket. The take up snap on the forearm and the strap at the bicep will help ensure the armor stays in place in the event of a crash. The waist adjustment could be longer, but at least it will help take up some of the excess material in the torso. The up-side is, you are likely only going to take both liners out when the weather is warmer and having the extra room for air to circulate isn't a bad thing. If you can snug the arms up enough to keep the armor in place and always attach the jacket to the pants when riding, you are not compromising any safety. It might not emphasize a svelte figure as much, but these are the trade-off's with any LTD jacket system. The determining factor could be which season is more important to you? If you plan on riding with the jacket more in the colder months with the liners in, then it sounds like you have the proper size. If you don't ride much in the colder months and will be mostly rocking the Defender with no liners, then you might consider going one size down.
There aren't many jackets out there that can compete with the Defender in terms of temperature range, but the 2 LTD do change the way the jacket fits depending on liner configuration.
If you have any additional questions about fit or function, please let us know. I hope this response helps some!
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is online now   Reply With Quote