View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #3593
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMEXPAT View Post
I have a 2010 standard without ABS. I wouldn't trade it for an S or a Touring or a 2013 model. Keep in mind I'm in Houston, TX where the roads are flat, straight and gravel is very uncommon. Once I've dialed in the suspension I keep it there. I'd read up about the shock and ECU failures on the S and touring models. Once you're out of warranty you might be F'd, unless you have an extended warranty.

Others on this forum and another already know I'm a big fan boy of the standard. I used the extra savings to buy the farkles I know I would actually use.

Standard is a great bike, you get the same motor, seating position etc as with the others. You won't regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion BR View Post
I would say: go for it if you want to ride anything else other than the interstate highways. Everyone has a different definition of what makes them smile when riding. To me, the Multistrada (and other bikes with the same riding ergonomics - but the Multistrada in particular) summarizes a lot of what riding is all about.
i completely agree with both of the above statements.....so very true. i love the simplicity of the Standard (and it's extremely capable), and like some of the amenities of the Touring (but hate the niggles/potential hassles).

ride what you like, and what fits your riding needs best.
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote