View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #303
crestedbutte-rtw
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Oddometer: 353
Wicked Don't be worried about colombia!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
There are 2 linds of stories coming out of Mexico these days..................the ones perpetuated by the media and then passed on by people that never visit the country AND then there's the TRUTH.
I am sure there are places in Mexico that are dangerous. But every town and country in the world has it bad places. I think the border towns are more at risk. All I can tell you is that I have visited Mexico (Baja) more than 100 times in the past 10 years and I have NEVER had a bad experience. Just the opposite.....I find it to be safe and the people to be warm and friendly. In my travels south, I am a bit afraid of going thru Columbia. But I am hoping that it is like Mexico and just gets a bad rap from the press. I am sure people do get kidnapped there but I think as long as I am smart and don't hang out in the wrong areas, don't associate myself with drugs of guns, then I should be ok.
So in short, don't be afraid of Mexico. It is a beautiful country. And don't judge it from a story that you heard from a friend's, friend's second cousin. Millions of people visit each year without trouble. I am heading down tomorrow in fact. I am not worried about getting my head cut off. My biggest danger and personal threat to my safety will be that red beast sitting between my legs........of course I am refering to the Honda motorcycle I will be riding down to Cabo.
I too was a little worried about ol' Colombia and then I got there and fell in love, incredible riding, incredible people,. and just a damn good time!!! Enjoy it!!!! Everyone warned me and told me stories about Mexico, El Salvador, Colombia, and Bolivia. Well those four Countries have been my favorite riding, cultures, and people so far into my trip!!
Braaaaaap on my friend enjoy the ride!!