View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #64
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacamole View Post
To make it from scratch I dont have any sheetmetal treatment machinery available, so it will be quite angular. Easier to modify some existing tank I think. Also was thinking to shove all the electrics inside the subframe, and use 950 plastics over there. BMW F800 has nice set up for a tank, but that's where my silencers will be.
Your CBR has only 2.16 gallon tank - was wondering will you add something on top of the engine like your FZ1 has?
The cbr is just a toy so no top tank. Thinking about building another tank with 3-4 gals though.

Tanks are tough to get to look right, they are so visible and in many cases, the focal point of the bike. I had to cut the fz1 tank but not that much and it was a lot of work. Plan on lining the tank when you are done I had a few pinholes from welding that were impossible to get with a tig torch.

That gs tank just looks huge. I wonder if there is a smaller main tank that would fit the frame better and maybe a side pipe tank or subframe tank to get you the volume you want?

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote