View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,072
Honda starting to flex it's muscles again?

We all know what Honda is capable of when it decides to flex it's muscles.

CB400F - first mass produced four cylinder to rev over 10,000 - first motorcycle with a sixth gear (I think)

CB750 - engine smoothness, first disc brake!

in the 90's, their cars were so many light years ahead, I can remember sitting in a Taurus that was newer than our family Accord and thinking - man this car is pathetic. Not to mention the 300k trouble free miles we put on that car.

NSR750 - super exotic, hand machined oval pistons!

RC30 - RC45 - need no introduction, whatsoever.

The S2000 - (at the time) highest red line of any production car, highest piston speed, most HP per liter of any normally aspirated car

over the years it's been some of the most exciting stuff we mortals can buy.... but for the last 10 years or so they seem to have been hiding somewhere. Yeah, the make pretty good dirtbikes, good touring bikes and very good sportbikes we really haven't seen Honda take any chances or do anything particularly exiting.

It looks like that's changing.

As many of you know they are making a road going RC213V - which to say the least is going to be incredible.

Also, they are building a prototype bike this year to compete at Dakar for the first time in 25 years.

it's nice to see Honda taking some chances and flexing again.....they have made and still make some really cool shit.

Is there a proper ADV bike in our futures? Why not?

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote