Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #25393
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by mud View Post
I am kind of in the same boat. I ride clipless on road, have for years. I never really liked clipless off-road..... About 2 months ago I thought I should give it a try again. Voile! I like it. Maybe it's the new pedals (I am running Time ATAC instead of Shimano 858s), I don't know, I am sold.

I still ride platforms on my DJ........ and trials.
There are two instructors I know who swear by flats, but their ultra-aggressive style of riding doesn't really lend itself to clipless anyway. They do things like dragging a foot while cornering and change foot position a lot when riding, which clipless pedals aren't designed for. I find that I have to concentrate on my pedaling technique a lot more when riding clipless off road, but the 20% power increase is well worth the effort. And of course I no longer have to worry about my feet slipping off the pedals when the bike is bouncing around under me, or when shifting gears aggressively.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote