View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 12:51 AM   #21
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayasakiman View Post
Welcome to Alberta's Oil Sands the third-largest proven crude oil reserve in the world, next to Saudi Arabia and Venezuela. Through responsible development, advancement of technology and significant investment, the Government of Alberta in conjunction with industry seeks to enhance Alberta's role as a world-leading energy supplier. New projects are being added every year and production is expected to increase from 1.31 million barrels per day in 2008 to 3 million barrels per day in 2018, keeping pace with demand and providing a sound economic basis for the future.

Above in yellow is what I found on a web site, Alberta Energy. So, I thought the price would come down. But, what do I know.

Chinese is eyeing (eying) on offshore oil field around Japanese islands. And they are claiming those island are Chinese islands. See recent out break of anti-Japanese demonstrations through out China. There's no one living on those islands and Chinese didn't care at all until there was finding of potential rich oil under there. At least this is my understanding of recent events.

It is very frustrating to me.
The issue is china , and india build oil base nations where the cost of buying a car is cheap , eg 2500 india. It's not the fact that canada etc is producing tar sand oil it.s fact that demand is or soon will over take the supply that can be pumped. Both the usa millarty y and also the german millarty have commission studies that say that 2012 is the year of peak oil production. With Billions of People in China and india being able to pay for car etc you end up with the oil demand vs supply factor in. I really dought that cheap travel is going to around in 20 plus years. You might just have to tow that scooter with a mlule by then.