View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #20
KaceCoyote
Pass the queer more beer

Oddometer: 5,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinDuro View Post
Thanks for the video eatpasta, that was great!

I guess we'll all see how things go in the next 5-10 years...

It makes me wonder... what would have happened, and what bikes would be available from Honda USA today, if the before-their-time sales-fails bikes from the late '80s to the mid '90s would've succeeded? For those that don't know or have forgotten, I'm talking about bikes like the CB-1 400, the GB500 Tourist Trophy, the NT650 Hawk, the XL600V Transalp, the PC800 Pacific Coast, the NX125/250/650, the '94-'95 CB1000 etc. etc.

These bikes all had something going for them, something unique that separated them from the pack and made them exciting for different reasons, but yet, not many bought them...

Maybe, like the proverbial elephant (and no, I don't mean a Cagiva Elefant), Honda never forgets?
There arent many companies with the engineering, manufacturing and raw capitol to be able to reinvent itself when it begins to wander far of the mark. Maybe we'll see something special, maybe the CB1300 will come finally. Maybe they'll give us a CB600, or a proper adventure bike.

They -are- going after the dakar this year, I think the arrival of the RC213V suggests the seriousness with which they're going after the bike market again.

Yaknow what I really want? a midweight(6-800cc) adventure bike for around 10k. Maybe positioned to compete with the KTM 690, more likely aimed at the F800, Tiger 800 ect. I have always been fascinated with Honda, the old man was an incredible guy and he gave us some incredible stuff. I'd own one now, if they made anything I was interested in.

Why are BMW's so much better thought out than Hondas, market wise? I mean we've seen some motorrad bikes that didnt take off, but Honda just does absurd things. The 599 and 919 seemed to sell well, but were just so expensive. The PC800 was way smarter than the DN-01, but it needed to have hung around longer to gain momentum. They give us the DN-01 but not the CB1300? Where is the new blackbird, or a proper naked bike that doesn't get shipped from Italy?

Come on Honda, if anyone can do this you can.
Everybody talk to them end up in some danger
-MF Doom, Strange ways
KaceCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote